424 South Wellwood Ave
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
Phone: 631-957-0300
Fax: 631-957-0306

Our Heritage

The earliest records indicate that Lindenhurst Funeral Home was established in 1947 at 279 South Wellwood Avenue, Lindenhurst and was owned by Mr. Choma. Actually, as was custom at the time, most of the funerals were conducted in the home of the person whom had passed away. As the years passed, more and more people did not want to have the funerals in their homes. As a result of this, funerals were held in Mr. Choma's living room. As you can imagine, Mrs. Choma was having a difficult time with funerals in her living room. She advised her husband to build a funeral home with a private upstairs apartment or get out of the funeral home business. With a keen business mind and not willing to start a new career, in September of 1953 Mr. Choma built Lindenhurst Funeral Home at 424 South Wellwood Avenue.

In 1960 Mr. Choma sold Lindenhurst Funeral Home to Mr. Daniel J. O'Sullivan which incurred a name change to Daniel J. O'Sullivan Lindenhurst Funeral Home (Mr. O'Sullivan also owned Daniel J. O'Sullivan Funeral Home in Brooklyn). During his ownership, the funeral home was expanded on the north side and back of the building. Mr. O'Sullivan owned the funeral home until his death in 1970 and then was taken over by his sons. April 1980 Mr. Gordon A. Werner bought the funeral home from the O'Sullivans renaming the funeral home - Lindenhurst Funeral Home Inc. During Mr. Werner's tenure he purchased the two houses behind the funeral home to expand the parking lot and converted the garage into a lounge.

On June 29, 2009 Lindenhurst Funeral Home was purchased from Mr. Werner to Mr. Thomas A. Brennan.